Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Book Club: Paige Toon - The One We Fell In Love With

Blurb

PHOEBE is caught between a rock and a hard place.  Settle down and get married, or return to the French Alps to pursue her passion?

ELIZA is in love with someone who is no longer hers.  In fact, he probably never was... And her dream of becoming a successful musician seems to be vanishing before her eyes.

ROSE is out of a job and out of a boyfriend.  To make matters worse, she's been forced to move back in with her mother...

But these very different girls have one thing in common.  ANGUS.  The one they fell in love with.






What I thought

I love, love, LOVED this book.  I've read all of Paige Toons' books and have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one, I didn't think it was possible to like every single book written by the same author and I'm always wondering if the next book will be the one I don't like.  Well we're 12 books in (not incuding ebook short stories) and it hasn't happened yet, to be honest I highly doubt it ever will.  This book made me laugh out loud, it made me cry in places, it has everything.  Each chapter is like an excerpt from the diary of one of the three main characters - Eliza, Rose and Phoebe, you are instantly drawn in to their lives and want to know more about each of them.  Their lives are intertwined not only because they are identical triplets but also because they have also fallen in love with the same man - Angus.  You hear the same story from each person but because it's from their perspective it's always a different version to the one you've heard before.  I literally could not put this down, I finished it in record time and am now left waiting, as I always am, for the next one.  One of the many things I love about Paige Toon is that over on her website www.paigetoon.com you can sign up for 'The Hidden Paige' where she occasionally shares mini-sequels, extra chapters or short stories told by some of her existing characters.  It's great because at the end of a book you can be left wondering what has happened to the characters - where are they now, what are they doing etc.  With this little gem you are able to keep up to date with your favorite characters and find out things that other readers might not know.

I highly recommend this book and in fact any book written by Paige Toon including her teen fiction series.  They are all fantastic reads and you will not be disappointed.



Next on my list

Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher

I've already read Billy & Me see here for my review of that.  I'm now working my way through all 4 of Gi's books starting with this one, closely followed by The One That I Want and then her new one Always With Love.  I'm also going to try and squeeze in her two Christmas Novellas - Christmas With Billy & Me and Dream A Little Christmas Dream - wish me luck!!

What are you reading this week?  Follow me on instagram @lifeinthegingerlane and let me know.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment