Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Book Club: Giovanna Fletcher - You're The One That I Want.

Blurb

Maddy, dressed in white, stands at the back of the church.  At the end of the aisle is Rob - the man she's about to marry.  Next to Rob is Ben - best man and the best friend any two people ever had.

And that's the problem.

Because if it wasn't Robert waiting for her at the altar, there's a strong chance it would be Ben.  Loyal and sensitive, Ben has always kept his feelings to himself, but if he turned around and told Maddy she was making a mistake, would she listen?  And would he be right?

Best friends since childhood, Maddy, Ben and Rob thought their bond was unbreakable.  But love changes everything.  Maddy has a choice to make but will she choose wisely?  Her heart, and the hearts of the two best men she knows, depend on it...




What I thought

I think I actually loved this more than I loved Dream a little Dream - which is a lot.  See my thoughts on that here.  I devoured this book in one sitting - a grand total of 2 hours, I just couldn't tear myself away.  Like with Dream a little Dream, it's such an usual idea for a story (Mrs Fletcher must have some imagination!) but it just works.  I've never read a book before where I've been willing two different relationships to happen - where both include the same person.  It's very strange but it happened! You're the one that I want had me hooked from the start.  I loved that it told the story from each of the three main characters points of view, that way you got to hear the same story but it was never told the same way twice.  As always the characters were warm & endearing and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Maddy, Ben and Robert.  I really hope that this isn't the last we will hear of them.  Maybe book number 5 is the sequel?  I really hope so!  Have you read You're The One That I Want?  If so please let me know what you thought in the comments or follow me on Instagram @lifeinthegingerlane


Next on my list

Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight.

I have previously read & reviewed A Part of Me by Anouska Knight & absolutely loved it so when I found what I believe to be her very first novel I just had to buy it!  Especially when it was the bargain price of 50p!  So this week shall be spent reading Since You've Been Gone & I'll get my thoughts up asap!  

What are you reading this week?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment