Pages

Thursday 2 June 2016

Slimming World and Me.


I've been following Slimming World now for around 7 weeks and it was going great.

Let me preface this by saying that I have never, ever, EVER been able to stick to a diet healthy eating plan in my life.  I tried to do it before my wedding 3 years ago and surprise surprise it didn't work.  I'm just far too greedy when it comes to chocolate.  And sweets.  Oh, and bread & cheese. You get the idea.  

This time something just clicked.  I think it's possibly because I'm not losing weight for anything in particular this time.  There are no big events coming up, I'm just generally fed up with the size I am and looking like the fat one in every photo I'm in doesn't help either.

So all by myself I came to the decision that I was going to join Slimming World.  Even when I was sat in the meeting I wasn't convinced I was going to stick it.  I usually last until someone offers me chocolate or I walk past the biscuit tin but not this time!  Amazingly I managed 5 weeks without so much as a sniff of anything sweet, I lost 1stone 1lbs in 5 weeks and it was all going great.  Until...  

My Dad had to go and turn 50, and we had to throw him a surprise party didn't we?!  Cue a Costco cake so big that it took over a week to finish.  Now I was good, I had 3 squares of cake that would have added up to what I would have classed as a small slice before.  But that was the start of the downward spiral that has been my life over the last fortnight.

The Costco cake was followed by a Cadburys tray cake to celebrate his actual birthday & I ate some of that.  It was disgusting & I do not recommend it but that doesn't mean I didn't try it 4 or 5 times anyway.  Who knows, it might have gotten better the longer it lay on the worktop? Greedy, greedy, greedy.  So after all that, last week I lost 1 pound.  Not too bad considering what a grubber I'd been, I was definitely going to get back on plan next week.

Ha Ha Ha!  If I thought I was a grubber last week, this week has been something else entirely. I've had a week of eating what I want. when I want & only about 5% of that has been remotely healthy.    

So here I am dreading my weigh in tonight & it's all my own fault.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see the scales at exactly the same as what they were the week I joined.  But onwards & downwards I suppose!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment