Pages

Friday 30 September 2016

Autumn Bucket List

Well it's that time of year again.  Connor is old enough this year to do lots of fun things, so here is my our Autumn Bucket List.  Enjoy!


Go Pumpkin Picking

Connor wasn't really big enough for this last year, we did carve a pumpkin and he loved playing with all the goo inside so I'm hoping this will go down well.  There is a place not too far from where we live called Arnprior Farm that has started pumpkin picking just in the last couple of years so we are heading there to give it a bash.  Connor loves being outside & they have a maze and other vegetable patches where you can harvest your own potatoes etc as well so I think he will really enjoy it.


Jump In Muddy Puddles

Channeling our inner Peppa Pig here.  Everybody loves to jump in dirty water don't they?  In Scotland we get plenty of opportunities to splash about in puddles - it's pouring down as I type - and Connor is a typical boy who is never happier than when he is all dirty and wet.  So grab your wellies & jump in the nearest puddle, who cares about the mess, you only live once & these are the kind of things that our kids are going to remember.  It's all about making memories & having adventures.


Make A Fort Inside

I've always wanted to do this.  I vaguely remember making dens with my sister when we were little but they were never up to much.  However, now we live in a time of Pinterest so there is no excuse for a sheet thrown over a washing line - although for sheer speed this is a good option.  I can't wait to make a fort in the livingroom when it's pouring down outside (most days) & curl up with Connor to watch a movie - usually Lion King, Jungle Book or Winnie the Pooh.  


Take Autumn-themed Pictures

This year I want to get pictures of Connor (and us) outside playing in the leaves, splashing in puddles, generally having a ball.  I love the colours of the season and there is nothing cuter than photographs of kids being kids.  My sister takes fab pictures and has the whole professional camera setup whereas my picture taking skills are below amateur so I will be roping her into this one.


Scavenger Hunt & Autumn Crafts

We've never really done a Scavenger Hunt except at Easter but that doesn't really count so I'm pretty excited about this.  My plan is to go out for a walk & collect all sorts of leaves, pine cones and anything else that looks good & bring them home to make an Autumn picture/collage.  A bit of printing with the pine cones, a bit of glitter you get the idea.  Messy but fun.


Find Conkers 

I have already tried this one but sadly the tree I used to get my conkers from when I was little has blown down & there are no more conkers to be had.  So it was back to the drawing board, the only other place I know of with a horse chestnut tree is not within walking distance & I don't have a car at the moment - that's another story - so this one is on the back burner till we're back on the road.


Dress Up For Halloween & Go Guising

So excited to dress Connor up this year, I'm thinking he's going to be Peter Pan.  Last year he was a mini Jax from Sons of Anarchy - so freakin cute!  He's not really old enough to go out guising (trick or treating) as he's usually in bed for 7pm but I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.  Rules are made to be broken after all!

Fireworks Display

Again he's not old enough to go to a proper show - they start when he's already in bed plus by the time November comes about it'll be bloody freezing here so I think we'll pass on that.  We will definitely get some fireworks to let off at home where me & Connor can watch from the warmth of the house and let Daddy freeze doing the technical part.

That's it so far, I will no doubt think of more things to add as we go along.  


Whats on your Bucket List for Autumn?

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment